Thursday, October 15, 2015

Rebel Belle



TITLE: Rebel Belle
AUTHOR: Rachel Hawkins
RELEASE DATE: March 2015
PUBLISHER: Penguin young Readers Group
PAGES: 345 pages (sequels: Miss Mayhem and Lady Renegades: due out April 2016)
GENRE: Supernatural, Chick Lit
OVERALL RATING: 4.5/5
APPROPRIATE AGE: grades 8+


SUMMARY: Harper Price is the definition of Southern Belle. She is Homecoming Queen, Head Cheerleader, President of the SGA, and looking forward to Cotillion. Life is perfect until the school janitor dies in the girls bathroom while she is applying lip gloss at the Homecoming dance. Not only is she freaked out, but before he dies, he kisses her and passes on some magical powers. From that day on, her life changes. Cotillion practice doesn't seem as important now that she knows she has to save the world. Reminds me of: Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Hart of Dixie.

WHAT I LIKED: I absolutely love the main character: Harper Jane Price. While this book has serious parts where she is fighting for her life, Harper never loses her personality or her humor. My favorite thing about her is her hatred for curse words. Her belief is, "I just think the F-word should be saved for dire occasions." 

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: There is honestly not a thing I can say I did not like about this book. It was funny and had lots of action, and of course, a love triangle. I listened to the audiobook narrated by Amy Rubinate, and I will admit it took me a couple of chapters before I finally got used to her Southern accent reading the book. 

BOOK TRAILER: I wasn't able to find an "official" Book Trailer for Rebel Belle. If anyone finds it, if they create one, or if you find a really good one made by a reader, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment