Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Legend


cover_image

TITLE: Legend
AUTHOR: Marie Lu
RELEASE DATE: November 2011
PUBLISHER: Putnam's
PAGES: 305 pages
SERIES: Book 1 in the Legend trilogy
GENRE: Science Fiction
OVERALL RATING: 5/5
APPROPRIATE AGE: grades 7-12


SUMMARY: Day is the most wanted fugitive in the  Republic, June is the Republic's number one military cadet. In a future where the two sides of the country are constantly at war, Day and June will do anything they can to protect the ones they care about. But when their paths cross, will it be a battle to the death or will the two realize maybe they share the same enemy?

WHAT I LIKED: I enjoyed how this story was not only written in alternating first-person narratives so that you could get the story from both sides, but also because each character's chapter was written in a different color. I know it is such a little thing, but sometimes when you pick up a book after a while you have to backtrack to remember what is going on. This made it easier. Also, while there are a lot of dystopian books out there right now, Legend, easily goes at the top of my list. This three book series does not disappoint as each new book comes out in the series.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: I hate to say this, but I don't like the ending (no spoilers). But after everything that June and Day endure throughout the three book series, I just really hate to see how they end up. I'm a sucker for a happily ever after.

READALIKES: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Divergent by Veronica Roth

MOVIE RELEASE: in talks

BOOK TRAILER: 


No comments:

Post a Comment